Why are we processing your information?Your rights under the LGPDData Protection Officer
LAST UPDATED: 15th June 2022
Brazilian Privacy Addendum V1.0
If you are using the Unmind platform and live in Brazil, then when we collect and use personal information about you, we are subject to The Brazilian General Data Protection Law, or Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais, (LGPD). This means that we are responsible for protecting your personal information in compliance with the LGPD as well as with our own UK data protection legislation.
Our legal basis for processing your information
Unmind primarily uses your information so that we can provide you with our platform as per our Terms and Conditions with you. It may also be used to comply with any legal obligations we are subject to, or to fulfil our legitimate interests, such as improving your experience on our platform, developing and improving our services or to detect illegal activities.
Unmind may also process personal data for the purposes of complying with applicable local laws and regulations in the territory where our products and services are offered, such as the UK. With your prior consent or whenever there is a legitimate interest at stake, it may also be used to send you the latest updates about our platform.
Why are we processing your information?
Your rights under the LGPD
The LGPD provides our users within scope of this legislation with the following rights:
- To ask that we provide confirmation of the existence of data processing: You have the right to ask that we provide confirmation of the existence of the processing of your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data: You have the right to access your information (if we’re processing it) so that you can check we are processing it in alignment with the LGPD.
- Request correction of your personal data: You have the right to ask us to update or correct the personal information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We have designed our platform so that you can make these changes yourself, but you can contact us if you are having trouble.
- Request that we delete your data: You can ask us to delete any information we hold about you. Be careful, this isn’t a general right to erasure; there are exceptions which are detailed in Article 16 of the LGPD. We always strive to meet your requests where we can.
- Request that we anonymise or block your data: You have the right to ask us to anonymise, block or delete unnecessary or excessive data or data that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD. Remember, we work hard to ensure that we always anonymise your information where possible so that we can protect your interests.
- Data portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services. If you ask us for your information in a portable format, then that means we will give it to you in an accessible and machine-readable, for example as a csv file. You can also ask us to safely transfer it to another system for you.
- Ask us for information about the possibility of denying consent: You have the right to ask us to provide information about the possibility of refusing to consent to the processing of your personal data and the consequences if you choose not to consent.
- To petition against Unmind before the National Authority: You have the right to petition in relation to your personal data against Unmind (the data controller) before your National Authority.
Data Protection Officer