LAST UPDATED: 15th June 2022
Canadian Privacy Addendum V1.0
If you are using the Unmind platform and live in Canada, then when we collect and use personal information about you, we are subject to the provisions of Canadian data protection legislation, including:
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ('PIPEDA')
- Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta) ('PIPA Alberta')
- Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia) ('PIPA BC')
- An Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector ('Quebec Privacy Act'), (collectively, 'Canadian Privacy Statutes').
This means that we are responsible for protecting your personal information in compliance with these laws as well as with our own UK data protection legislation.
Transfer of your personal information
Unmind will only ever transfer your information in a manner that aligns with the strictest privacy and security standards including the EU Standard Contractual Clauses or similar agreements.
Your rights and choices
As a Canadian user and resident, you have the following rights and choices in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data: You have the right to access your information (if we’re processing it) so that you can check we are processing it in alignment with The Act.
- The right to have your personal data be accurate, complete and up to date: You have the right to request to check that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Request the amendment of your personal data: You have the right to ask us to update or correct the personal information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We have designed our platform so that you can make these changes yourself, but you can contact us if you are having trouble.
- Right to deletion: You can ask us to delete any information we hold about you. Be careful, this isn’t a general right to erasure, but we will always strive to meet your requests where we can.
- Right to have personal data removed from a nominative list: You have the right to have your personal data removed from any client, member, or employee lists where your information is being used for philanthropic or commercial purposes.
Can I withdraw my consent?
If we have requested from you, and you have provided us with consent for any of our processing activities, you can withdraw your consent at any time (unless you are withdrawing consent to avoid a legal or contractual obligation). All you have to do is let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer