LAST UPDATED: 8th June 2022
Colombian Privacy Addendum V1.0
If you are using the Unmind platform and live in Colombia, then when we collect and use personal information about you, we are subject to Colombian privacy laws. These include Statutory Law 1266 of 2008 and its amendment, Law 2157 of 2021 alongside Law 1581 of 2012 and Decree 1377 of 2013 and Decree 866 of 2014. This means that we are responsible for protecting your personal information in compliance with these laws as well as with our own UK data protection legislation.
Our legal basis for processing
We will keep a copy of your consent with us for the entirety of the time you have an account with us and for three years from the end of your time with Unmind. This is to ensure that we can provide evidence of your consent for any future legal proceedings.
Can I withdraw my consent?
You can withdraw your consent at any time (unless you are withdrawing consent to avoid a legal or contractual obligation). All you have to do is let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of health information
When using our platform, you have the option to upload details of your mood or mental state or any other details you feel like writing down. This means that the data you provide us may contain information relating to your health or other Special Categories of Personal Data.
Using this feature is optional; Unmind will never require you to provide us with special category data in order to use our service. Don’t worry, when you sign up, we will ask you if you consent to us collecting this information from you.
Your rights and choices
Colombian data protection legislation gives you the right to do the following:
- To be informed: We will always let you know when we are processing your information and our purpose for doing so. But if you have any questions, you can ask us at any time. You can also ask us to show you our policies that regulate the processing of your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data: You have the right to access your information (if we’re processing it) so that you can check we are processing it in alignment with Colombian legislation.
- Request rectification of your personal data: You have the right to ask us to update or correct the personal information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We have designed our platform so that you can make these changes yourself, but you can contact us if you are having trouble.
- Request that we delete your data: You can ask us to delete or revoke any information we hold about you if the collection and processing of this information is not compliant with Colombian law. Please remember, we will only proceed with this once the SIC determines that Unmind is being non-compliant.
- To object: You can object to Unmind processing your information. But just like requests for deletion, we will only proceed with this once the SIC determines that Unmind is being non-compliant.
To request evidence of your consent: You can request to see our record of your consent to our use and processing of your information at any time.
Lodging a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you have the right to petition for the revocation or suppression of the personal data we hold about you to the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce (“SIC”).
Data Protection Officer