LAST UPDATED: 15th June 2022
Chinese Privacy Addendum V1.0
Why are we processing your information?
Our legal basis for processing
Unmind primarily uses your information so that we can provide you with our platform as per our Terms and Conditions with you. It may also be used to comply with any legal obligations we are subject to, or to detect illegal activities.
Unmind may also process personal data for the purposes of complying with applicable local laws and regulations in the territory where our products and services are offered, such as the UK. With your prior consent, it may also be used to send you the latest updates about our platform.
Transfer of your personal information
Unmind will only ever transfer your information in a manner that aligns with the strictest privacy and security standards including the EU Standard Contractual Clauses or similar agreements.
Collecting sensitive information
When using our platform, you have the option to upload details of your mood or mental state or any other details you feel like writing down. This means that the data you provide us may contain information relating to your health or other Special Categories of Personal Data.
Using this feature is optional; Unmind will never require you to provide us with special category data in order to use our service. Don’t worry, when you sign up, we will ask you if you consent to us collecting this information from you.
Can I withdraw my consent?
If we have requested from you, and you have provided us with consent for any of our processing activities, you can withdraw your consent at any time (unless you are withdrawing consent to avoid a legal or contractual obligation). All you have to do is let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights and choices
As a Chinese user and resident, you have the following rights and choices in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data: You have the right to access your information (if we’re processing it) so that you can check we are processing it in alignment with The Act and so that you can reuse it yourself if you want to.
- Right to portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services. If you ask us for your information in a portable format, then that means we will give it to you in an accessible and machine-readable, for example as a csv file. You can also ask us to safely transfer it to another system for you.
- Request the rectification of your personal data: You have the right to ask us to update or correct the personal information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We have designed our platform so that you can make these changes yourself, but you can contact us if you are having trouble.
- Right to erasure: You can ask us to delete any information we hold about you. Be careful, this isn’t a general right to erasure, we can only process this request when:
- The retention period ends
- You have withdrawn your consent, if we rely on your consent to process your personal information; or
- Unmind violate laws or administrative regulations when processing your personal information.
Nothing in this Addendum shall limit the rights you should have as a personal information subject under Chinese law.
Data Protection Officer